Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Runner bean suggestion

I dont like copying others' posts, but as I'm using this blog as my garden notebook, I cant think of a better place to put it. So apologies for duplicating content, but here goes:
"I like to hedge my bets and plant both scarlet runners and kentucky wonders. That way, during the hot spell, the kentucky wonders go wild with production, while the scarlet runners don't like the weather, and by the time it cools down, the scarlets are taking off just as the kentuckies stop producing. and if we have a really hot summer, I get armloads of kentucky wonders to make up for the paltry harvest of runners; if we have a cool rainy summer, kentucky wonders don't produce, but the scarlet runners go crazy."

Picture: Robins just about to fly the nest. Next week, a dove took over the nest!

No comments:

Post a Comment