Saturday, April 3, 2010

San Jose Plant (Tomato and Peppers) sale


San Jose Master Gardeners plant sale will be taking place on Saturday April 10 at Kelley Park, 1650 Senter Road, San Jose 95112
A good place to source your heirlooms. I have my tomatoes out already, so I dont know if I'll be going; parking looks as if it will be tight also, and most of it is paid parking, which will add to the cost. I notice that that Palo Alto have a similar sale the next week, I think, but if this is a leftovers sale, it may not have the same selection (but parking should be easier in terms of locating free parking).

In the picture above, you can see one of my test ideas for this year - milk bottles buried in the ground, filled with holes. The idea is that this will facilitate getting water down near the roots, without necessarily splashing so much water around on top. As you can see, its already a handy place to leave the hose while you switch the tap on or off, instead of just throwing it on the lawn, wasting more water.

Also, you can see how the tomatoes are doing - some growth since they were planted, not much, and there are flowers developing on all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment